Researcher in Computer Science
Graph algorithms in a distributed setting, Graph exploration,
- A Õ(n2) Time-Space Trade-off for Undirected s-t Connectivity. Presented at SODA 2013.
- The Multi-Agent Rotor-Router on the Ring: A Deterministic Alternative to Parallel Random Walks with Ralf Klasing, Dominik Pajak, and Thomas Sauerwald. Presented at PODC 2013.
- Fast Collaborative Graph Exploration with Dariusz Dereniowski, Yann Disser, Dominik Pajak, and Przemyslaw Uznanski. Presented at ICALP 2013.
- Optimal Patrolling of Fragmented Boundaries with Andrew Collins, Jurek Czyzowicz, Leszek Gasieniec, Evangelos Kranakis, Danny Krizanc, Russell Martin, and Oscar Morales Ponce. Presented at SPAA 2013.
- Splittable Single Source-Sink Routing on CMP Grids: A Sublinear Number of Paths Suffice with Przemyslaw Uznanski. Presented at Euro-Par 2013.
- Collision-Free Network Exploration with Jurek Czyzowicz, Dariusz Dereniowski, Leszek Gasieniec, Ralf Klasing, and Dominik Pajak. Presented at LATIN 2014.
- Bounds on the Cover Time of Parallel Rotor Walks with Dariusz Dereniowski, Dominik Pajak, and Przemyslaw Uznanski. Presented at STACS 2014.
- Does Adding More Agents Make a Difference? A Case Study of Cover Time for the Rotor-Router with Dominik Pajak. Accepted for ICALP 2014.
- Lower Bounds on the Communication Complexity of Binary Local Quantum Measurement Simulation with Marcin Markiewicz.
- Distinguishing Views in Symmetric Networks: A Tight Lower Bound with Dariusz Dereniowski and Dominik Pajak.
- Be Fair and Be Selfish! Characterizing Deterministic Diffusive Load-Balancing Schemes with Small Discrepancy with Petra Berenbrink, Ralf Klasing, Frederik Mallmann-Trenn, and Przemyslaw Uznanski.
- Member of Academy of Young Scientists (AMU), Polish Academy of Sciences, 2012-2016
HDR degree (French research habilitation) awarded by Université Bordeaux 1, 2013
(manuscript: Time and Space-Efficient Algorithms for Mobile Agents in an Anonymous Network)
- Ph.D. degree awarded by Gdańsk University of Technology, 2007
- Selected awards:
- Witold Lipski Prize for Young Researchers in Computer Science, 2009
- Prime Minister's prize (Ph.D. thesis), Poland, 2008
- Best Paper Award at ICALP'13, track C (for joint work with Dariusz Dereniowski, Yann Disser, Dominik Pajak, and Przemyslaw Uznanski)
- Best Paper Award at SPAA'07 (for joint work with Pierre Fraigniaud, Cyril Gavoille, Emmanuelle Lebhar, and Zvi Lotker)
University education: 2000-2005 M.Sc. Eng. in Computer Science (Gdańsk Univ. Tech.),
2002-2006 M.Sc. in Mathematics (Univ. Gdańsk), 2005-2010 M.Sc. in Physics (Univ. Gdańsk)
- 1st place as a team in the 6th and 10th International 24-hour Programming Contests www.ch24.org, 2006, 2010
- Previous affiliations: Gdańsk University of Technology (assistant professor, 2007-2010), LaBRI in Bordeaux (Inria CR1 research position, 2010-2013)
Conference committees (since 2011)
- FCT 2015 - 20th International Symposium on Fundamentals of Computation Theory, Gdansk, August 2015 - PC co-chair.
- SSS 2014 - 16th International Symposium on Stabilization, Safety, and Security of Distributed Systems, Padeborn, September 2014 - PC member.
- COCOA 2013 - 7th Annual International Conference on Combinatorial Optimization and Applications, Chengdu, December 2013 - PC member.
- SSS 2013 - 15th International Symposium on Stabilization, Safety, and Security of Distributed Systems, Osaka, November 2013 - PC member.
- DISC 2013 - 27th International Symposium on Distributed Computing, Jerusalem, October 2013 - PC member.
- ADHOC-NOW 2013 - 12th International Conference on Ad Hoc, Mobile, and Wireless Networks, Wroclaw, July 2013 - PC member.
- SSS 2012 - 14th International Symposium on Stabilization, Safety, and Security of Distributed Systems, Toronto, October 2012 - PC member.
- MFCS 2012 - 37th International Symposium on Mathematical Foundations of Computer Science, Bratislava, August 2012 - PC member.
- SEA 2012 - 11th International Symposium on Experimental Algorithms, Bordeaux, June 2012 - PC member.
- ICDCN 2012 - 13th International Conference on Distributed Computing and Networking, Hong Kong, January 2012 - PC member.
- DISC 2011 - 25th International Symposium on Distributed Computing, Rome, September 2011 - PC member.
- SIROCCO 2011 - 18th International Colloquium on Structural Information and Communication Complexity, Gdansk, June 2011 - PC member, co-chair (organization).