Researcher in Computer Science
Inria Paris (CR1 research position), GANG project
IRIF (LIAFA), Université Paris Diderot, Case 7014
75205 Paris Cedex 13, France
Graph algorithms in a distributed setting, Dynamic systems, Multi-party quantum information, Data analysis.
For a list of my publications, please consult my DBLP record.
Pre-prints & papers in press
- Improved Analysis of Deterministic Load-Balancing Schemes with Petra Berenbrink, Ralf Klasing, Frederik Mallmann-Trenn, and Przemyslaw Uznanski. (Presented at PODC 2015)
- Lock-in Problem for Parallel Rotor-router Walks with Jeremie Chalopin, Shantanu Das, Pawel Gawrychowski, Arnaud Labourel, and Przemyslaw Uznanski. (Presented at DISC 2015)
- Non-classicality of Temporal Correlations with Stephen Brierley, Marcin Markiewicz, Tomasz Paterek, and Anna Przysiezna. (Phys. Rev. Lett. 115, 120404, 2015)
- On Convergence and Threshold Properties of Discrete Lotka-Volterra Population Protocols with Jurek Czyzowicz, Leszek Gasieniec, Evangelos Kranakis, Paul G. Spirakis, and Przemyslaw Uznanski. (Presented at ICALP 2015)
- Even Simpler Distance Labeling for (Sparse) Graphs. with Pawel Gawrychowski and Przemyslaw Uznanski.
- Lower Bounds on the Communication Complexity of Binary Local Quantum Measurement Simulation with Marcin Markiewicz.
- Local Conflict Coloring with Pierre Fraigniaud and Marc Heinrich.
- Member of Academy of Young Scientists (AMU), Polish Academy of Sciences, 2012-2016
HDR degree (French research habilitation) awarded by Université Bordeaux 1, 2013
(manuscript: Time and Space-Efficient Algorithms for Mobile Agents in an Anonymous Network)
- Education: Ph.D. degree in Computer Science (Gdańsk Univ. Tech. 2007), M.Sc. Eng. in Computer Science (Gdańsk Univ. Tech. 2000-2005), B.Sc. & M.Sc. in Mathematics (Univ. Gdańsk 2002-2006), B.Sc. & M.Sc. in Physics (Univ. Gdańsk 2005-2010)
- Selected awards:
- Witold Lipski Prize for Young Researchers in Computer Science, 2009
- Prime Minister's prize (Ph.D. thesis), Poland, 2008
- Best Paper Award at ICALP'13, track C (for joint work with Dariusz Dereniowski, Yann Disser, Dominik Pajak, and Przemyslaw Uznanski)
- Best Paper Award at SPAA'07 (for joint work with Pierre Fraigniaud, Cyril Gavoille, Emmanuelle Lebhar, and Zvi Lotker)
- 1st place as a team in the 6th and 10th International 24-hour Programming Contests www.ch24.org, 2006, 2010
- Previous affiliations: Gdańsk University of Technology (assistant professor, 2007-2010, and vice-head of Department of Algorithms and System Modeling, 2009-2010), LaBRI in Bordeaux (Inria CR1 research position, 2010-2013)
- PODC 2016 - 35th Annual ACM Symposium on Principles of Distributed Computing, Chicago, July 2016 - PC member.
- SIROCCO 2016 - 23rd International Colloquium on Structural Information and Communication Complexity, Helsinki, July 2016 - invited speaker.
- FCT 2015 - 20th International Symposium on Fundamentals of Computation Theory - PC co-chair.
- SIROCCO 2015 2011 - International Colloquia on Structural Information and Communication Complexity - PC member, co-editor in 2011.
- DISC 2013 2011 - International Symposia on Distributed Computing - PC member.
- SSS 2015 2014 2013 2012 - International Symposia on Stabilization, Safety, and Security of Distributed Systems - PC member.
- Algotel 2014 - 16èmes Rencontres Francophones pour les Aspects Algorithmiques des Télécommunications - invited speaker.
- COCOA 2013 - 7th Annual International Conference on Combinatorial Optimization and Applications - PC member.
- ADHOC-NOW 2013 - 12th International Conference on Ad Hoc, Mobile, and Wireless Networks - PC member.
- MFCS 2012 - 37th International Symposium on Mathematical Foundations of Computer Science - PC member.
- SEA 2012 - 11th International Symposium on Experimental Algorithms - PC member.
- ICDCN 2012 - 13th International Conference on Distributed Computing and Networking - PC member.
Prospective PhD students
If you are interested in doing your PhD under my supervision in our team in Paris, do not hesitate to send me a brief e-mail. Applicants would usually be expected to have a solid background in algorithms/theory, but candidates specializing in other areas (e.g., statistical mechanics) are also welcome to contact me.
It is usually a good idea to get in touch at least 6-12 months before the envisaged starting date of the PhD programme.